[nycphp-talk] It's 2007, and we haven't talked about Shopping Carts since last year

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Tue Jan 16 14:44:43 EST 2007

I don't know why but Ive always thought there should exist a PHP
security consortium of some kind which "approves" of e-commerce
software (even open source) or a document that gives an outline on
what should and should not be contained within an e-commerce
application.

This is usually the first stop of mine when anyone recommends a new
product ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=phpay+site%
3Asecurityfocus.com&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=zencart+site%
3Asecurityfocus.com&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=oscommerce+site%
3Asecurityfocus.com&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=php+shopping+cart+site%
3Asecurityfocus.com&btnG=Search

There should be some type of risk factor algorithm for these products.

- Jon