[nycphp-talk] Followup: Going weekly rate for php developer/coder in NYC these days?

michael lists at genoverly.net
Thu Jan 18 12:39:50 EST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:18:54 -0500
Scott Mattocks <scott at crisscott.com> wrote:

> By the way, shouldn't the recruiter be able to answer that question
> the best? It's their job to get people the best they can.

Not always.  In realestate; there is a buyer's rep and a seller's rep.
Each side works for a commission; and if I'm not mistaken is bound by
an agreement.  One could, of course, work both sides.

Head hunting has no such bounding.  The head hunter could take either
side of the transaction without obligation to reveal anything.  They
could be a "super hero for the workin' man" and negotiate to get the
recruit the maximum price for their services.. or more likely, they
will work for the company to get them the most talent for the least
price.  This will ensure return business; even if they are paid a slice
of the salary as commission.

I am of the belief that the head hunter works for themselves, not the
recruit.  They want to score a match so they get paid.  They may not
necessarily be in our corner.  They are, after all, hunting heads.

--

michael

(this address does not accept public email)