[nycphp-talk] IDE help switching from Windows to MAC
cliff at pinestream.com
Thu Jan 25 08:36:36 EST 2007
Thanks to all the responses so far. I am going to try to catalog my
switchover - perhaps it will make a nice phundamental for the group.
So far, it has been fairly painless:
1. Native OSX Apache
2. http:// <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/>
This included important extensions I need like GD, mCrypt and mHash -
keep track of your extensions
3. MySQL from MySQL - would be nice to have a start/stop widget like the
one in MAMP
4. phpMyadmin - painless
(could have used http://www.mamp.info/en/index.php for a lot of this)
5. php Interactive - a great little testing sandbox
First gotcha - default php install did not support short open names
<?, only <?php. This threw me for a bit. Lovely way to barf all your
code to the browser.
Second gotcha - what those file/folder permissions
6. Zend Studio - painless so far, have not tried debugging yet.
Find/Replace shortcut keys are different, arggg!
7. Installed svnX for Subversion client
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the talk