[nycphp-talk] unbelievable

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Tue Jan 30 22:10:47 EST 2007

I've had an intro procedural programming course that used Python and
an object-oriented programming course that used Java.  I've been
using PHP at work for about four years.

It seemed to me that Python was more similar to PHP than Java.  Java
seemed liked a different animal.  That's sort of why I was leaning
toward Java since I thought it might be helpful to broaden my
programming horizons.

Would you agree with that, or am I off-base with my understanding of
the languages?

Thanks for the good luck wish, I'll probably need it.  =)

-Aaron