[nycphp-talk] Oh... Interviewing

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sun Jul 29 17:35:07 EDT 2007

Hey Y'all:

I encourage everyone interviewing job candidates to look at portfolios,
ask technical questions and have them code some stuff for you on the
spot.

I asked an interviewee to pseudo code a basic operation for me.  The
person wrote code with several unnecessary steps and didn't accomplish
the goal requested.

I suggested we don't hire them.  Well, the powers that be did anyway.
Then everyone on the team got to see similar convolutions, etc.
Fortunetly, they were let go not too long after they were brought on.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/