[nycphp-talk] PHPAuction Software

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Jun 6 08:15:15 EDT 2007

Good Morning,

Yesterday I purchased the GPL version of PHPAuction.

http://www.phpauction.net/gpl.php

After installing it I fixed a few small bugs that were preventing me from accessing different parts of the site.
Anyways, yeah, sucks right?

Unfortunately the script that enables a user to post an item to sell, is broke beyond anything I've ever seen.
My error log file was about 5 pages long for a single transaction (clicking the "submit" button).

And to top it of, their customer support is pretty awful:

Dear Ben,

Please could you ask to your hosting company to set E_ALL&~E_NOTICE in the directive of PHP 'error_reporting'.

error_reporting = E_ALL&~E_NOTICE;

This action will fix the problem.

At Phpauction we value our users and will be more than happy to assist you with all of your needs. If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

With best regards,

Yeah bud, that will surely fix your code.

So, my question is, can anyone recommened some auction software. I'd really like it to be in PHP/MySQL but I will settle for PERL
or PostgresSQL. Save me!!

- Ben

Ben Sgro, Chief Engineer
ProjectSkyLine - Defining New Horizons