[nycphp-talk] http basic auth suddenly not working

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.com
Wed Jun 6 11:28:33 EDT 2007

A host I use recently upgraded to PHP 5.2.0, running on Apache
1.3.37, and suddenly a perfectly functioning HTTP Basic
Authentication is not working, presumably because PHP is no longer
returning $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'], or
at least not returning them correctly. They aren't very cooperative
on fixing this. I don't see anything with phpinfo() that might give a
clue as to what is happening.  Can anyone suggest something?

Michael Southwell, Vice President for Education
New York PHP
http://www.nyphp.com/training - In-depth PHP Training Courses