[nycphp-talk] Form PRG revisited -- again

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:29:29 EDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Cliff Hirsch <cliff at pinestream.com> wrote:

> Interesting. This indicates that you are not doing a redirect to display
> form errors, or are you? To eliminate the back/reload problem, shouldn't all
> views be redirected after a post, whether a success or error?

I'm not sure that you have a back/reload problem. Since the POST
didn't actually change anything, it's more like a GET. The user can
hit reload as much as she wants, the form still won't be submitted.

In the case I mentioned where file upload is lost, I have found myself
taking advantage of the back button so that I can fix the values and
resubmit without having to browse for the file again.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/