[nycphp-talk] Questions to ask at a job interview?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Thu Jun 28 11:54:45 EDT 2007

> Generally speaking, I imagine it greatly diminishes the effectiveness of
> your interview to be offended by standard interview techniques and to
> respond with hostility.  Then again, I've had my job for 7 years now;
> maybe I forgot what interviewing is like.
> -c

Agreed and stand corrected on the other points. Just to make it clear,
the ficticious answers that I wrote are not the ones I give during an
interview (I may be blunt, but I'm not stupid) and in some cases don't
even think that way. I do organize my workspace and find that a tendency
to neatness and applying some sort of system makes it way easier to find
  records and react quickly to requests. I worked with people whose
desks looked like the toy box of my five year old and they did very well
with that approach. My point is that these questions produce answers
that I think give an inaccurate impression of the person. There are
better questions to ask, like "What do you want to learn?", "What do you
do when your supervisor gives you a task that you think is plain
wrong?", "What do you do when you are asked to do 15 tasks, but can do
only 10?". Those are the questions through which I think one gets way