[nycphp-talk] Questions to ask at a job interview?

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Thu Jun 28 13:05:32 EDT 2007

Beautiful point Steve.

Critical thinking is certainly a talent that is taken for granted, and often
missed in the standard interviewing process. Although workspace cleanliness
and code hygeine is 'nice-to-have' I'd trade it for the guy that I could
drop an emergency project on, and is going to respond with a clear
communication of several optional solutions.

A critical thinker is also much more likely to learn new concepts and
processes, which is invaluable, particularly within software development,
where the race is run so bleeding edge from time to time.

 I would have to also echo Mr. Merlo's comments. Competency is crucial, but
that does too depend on the area and software. For instance I would probably
be more critical of a C++ heads-down coding position than I would for a PHP
UI builder position. hope that make sense, casue that's what it is, my two
cents. =D

-Ed