[nycphp-talk] I want to set up secure login to my website.

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Fri Jun 29 12:13:01 EDT 2007

PaulCheung wrote:
> I would like to set up secure login to my website, which is still
> under development ... Can anybody point me in the right
> direction?

Hi Paul,

Most web servers (IIS, Apache, others) will support features to require
a username and password on any directory on your site.  For Apache,
here's a good place to learn more:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html>

You could also do this kind of thing with pure PHP or other programming
languages, but since your site is still under development, you're
probably safer going with a user screening method that doesn't depend on
your application code.

- Allen

--
Allen Shaw