[nycphp-talk] Microsoft Access application conversion recommendations

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Fri Mar 9 16:48:03 EST 2007

Hi All,

I will be starting on a project to convert a fairly extensive Microsoft
Access based application to a web based version. This application was
internally built to manage all manner of details regarding our
franchisee operations (financials, reporting, CRM, etc..). It uses MS
Access forms with a tabbed structure and various form elements. The
application will be hosted on a Network Solutions shared hosting server
that has an Apache 1.x, MySQL 4.1.x, and PHP 4.1.x back-end. The MS
Access application uses an MS SQL 2000 Enterprise database for data
storage.

I could use some recommendations on tools that will help me convert this
app as quickly as possible. Everything from IDEs to conversion utilities
are on the table. Unfortunately changing the web infrastructure is not.

Traditionally I code and manage my app files using Macromedia
Dreamweaver.

Regards,

Tim Boyden

---------------------------

Timothy Boyden

Network Administrator

tboyden at supercoups.com

SuperCoups(r)

350 Revolutionary Drive | E. Taunton, MA 02718

508-977-2010  | www.supercoups.com <http://www.supercoups.com/>

We Support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation,

"Fighting Childhood Cancer One Cup At A Time"

Donations Accepted at: www.firstgiving.com/SuperCoups

Local Coupons. Super Savings.(r)