[nycphp-talk] MySQL Clustering & HA

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Fri Mar 16 22:10:09 EDT 2007

Dave,

Dave Youn wrote on Friday, March 16, 2007 8:35 AM:
> This might be a little off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone has
> experience with MySQL clustering?

I do...

> I'm working with a System Administrator to architect a failover
> solution and he's under the impression that we need MySQL HA, but I
> don't see that product offered on mysql.com, all I see are MySQL
> Cluster, and MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade.
>
> Also, what are the limitations/requirements for deploying a cluster
> into production? Is this something easy to setup, or worth hiring a
> consultant for?

Clustering can be a little tricky.  For one thing, it's a RAM based
database, so capacity planning is important.  It's fairly straightforward to
set up, but not as simple as MySQL itself.

I think I'm actually speaking with someone from Columbia about cluster next
week.

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP
    www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com