[nycphp-talk] Single Signon Multiple Domains

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:10:21 EDT 2007

Guys,

The company I am working for wants to have a single signon for multiple
sites that will be on different domains.  I know that you cannot use a
cookie accross domains.  Is there a way to do this
aside from passing a hash via querystring or POST form?

The reason I ask is because we cannot always rely on the hash being
present.  What if the user is at one domain then types in the other domain.
We would want them to remain logged into the system because it is a network.
I know it is possible just look at Google.com and Gmail.com.

Any Ideas?  Everything i read seems really insecure and ends with passing a
querystring in your links.

Thanks,
--
Joseph Crawford Jr.