[nycphp-talk] Single Signon Multiple Domains

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Mon Mar 26 19:27:40 EDT 2007

Have a DB or filestructure(write a temp file) that stores the login info with particular authenticating information. Then whenever they move from one domain to another the Database is accessed and the login persisted.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Crawford
  To: NYPHP Talk
  Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:10 PM
  Subject: [nycphp-talk] Single Signon Multiple Domains

  Guys,

  The company I am working for wants to have a single signon for multiple sites that will be on different domains.  I know that you cannot use a cookie accross domains.  Is there a way to do this
  aside from passing a hash via querystring or POST form?

  The reason I ask is because we cannot always rely on the hash being present.  What if the user is at one domain then types in the other domain.  We would want them to remain logged into the system because it is a network.
  I know it is possible just look at Google.com and Gmail.com.

  Any Ideas?  Everything i read seems really insecure and ends with passing a querystring in your links.

  Thanks,
  --
  Joseph Crawford Jr.
  Zend Certified Engineer