[nycphp-talk] Flexible Forms & How to store them...

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Tue May 15 16:01:44 EDT 2007

Im not sure this does justice w/o any demo but Id never plan on doing
a search like that ... the idea was that one field w/ key:value pairs
would be split and put into a searchable index via Zend_Search ...
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.search.html

The query (or report) from the index search into the db is trivial
since the pk keys are exchangeable.  This is really a 2 layer
approach not using MySQL for FT indexing.  Any other option gives you
way more IR functions than MySQL does.  Although it would be fair to
point out that it is pluggable: ( <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/
5.1/en/plugin-full-text-plugins.html> ) But still pretty new.

- Jon