[nycphp-talk] IDE recommendations

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:09:34 EDT 2007

For open source on Linux, Quanta is an excellent PHP IDE
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

Comes with integrated debugging, structure parsing/browsing, project
management, network transparency through fish:// and even svn
integration, plus all the possibilities in the world to customize it
with custom actions, toolbars and local (integrated) documentation.

Example of customization: I created an action (button on a toolbar) to
convert phpMyAdmin schema export (SQL) into mediawiki+geshi markup
(e.g. ==tablename==<sql>SQL</sql> ) so that I can do a history-diffed,
annotated schema in the wiki

For as long as I've done the web, people invariably ask: What IDE do
you use? What is your toolchain like?  The idea of capturing this
information into an organized discussion of methodology and tools is I
think key to promoting webmastery and apprenticeship.