[nycphp-talk] Learning SQL - Resources & Recommendations

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Fri Nov 2 19:36:54 EDT 2007

Paul Houle wrote:
> If you want to write mad queries,  try Joe Celko's "SQL for Smarties":
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0123693799?ie=UTF8&tag=honeymediasys-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0123693799

Just be warned, Mr. Celko thinks that those who aren't as skilled in SQL as he
is are bloody idiots with no right to live, and those who are skilled like he
is are just a bunch of a**holes who have no clue. Just alone based on his
disrespect towards everyone else who stops short of calling him 'god' I can't
really recommend his books. I got Celko's "SQL Programming Style", which was
the worst buy ever. It is page after page a constant dissing and ranting about
'others' who based on his account are so stupid that they should be shot. That
guy is for sure a genius, because he is quite a few cards short of a full
deck. Oh, needless to say, I find that book totally useless.

I got warned, but didn't listen....

David