[nycphp-talk] Injection Attack, any ideas?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Tue Nov 13 22:05:54 EST 2007

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> David Krings wrote:
>
>> I disagree, you can take shortcuts, such as not documenting code and
>> omitting anything other than the "how it is supposed to be used" path.
>> One might argue that this would not constitute project completion, but
>> when time and money are scarce for a software project the QA and doc
>> team get cut and 'cheaper' developrs get hired to do the job. Typical
>> behaviour in companies where shareholder value (short term gain) is
>> valued more than product quality (long term gain).
>>

> I don't believe in shortcuts to quality. I believe short iteration
> cycles that accomplish a minimum of functionality well rather than a lot
> of things poorly. No one knows what they want till they see it anyway.
> Deliver the simplest thing that can possibly work; then add to it as
> time permits and desire dictates.  YAGNI is a guiding principle.

I did not say that was a shortcut to quality, I meant that this is a shortcut
to claim project completion. As a professional tester I in no way approve of
it, but I spent almost seven years in sw development and quality (assurance)
and documentation are the first to go when the project is under distress....or
not even in that case, but in general. I also do not believe in shortcuts to
quality as there usually are none.

David