[nycphp-talk] Passing info entered into HTML FORMS into SESSIONvariables.

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 04:22:12 EST 2007

Hi Micheal,

Using a search criteria, a MySQL call is made and the required MySQL record
is returned.
The HTML FORM is made up of three forms. the first two forms are used to
display (read-only) infomation to the enduser
The third and last FORM is used by the enduser to update the MySQL record.

All of the above works as required. Here it falls over

before passing the info to the next script to do the actual update I try to
ECHO the user entered data and it is empty.

Just for this test and to show  what is happening I passed the entered info
to the next script and this is what was received by the next script as you
see NULL values were passed. whereas the ACCESS and TESTNO from the MySQL
search are passed and picked up by the next script using $_SESSION.

$query = UPDATE test_record SET data = '' record = '' note = '' WHERE access
= '73226318' AND testno = '002'

Paul