[nycphp-talk] WSDL conversion to PHP classes

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Mon Nov 26 15:15:38 EST 2007

Rob Marscher wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Gary Mort wrote:
>> I've been looking around and I see a number of frameworks and
>> standalone apps where you can give it the WSDL(sp?) definition file
>> for an XML/RPC type application and it will generate a bunch of stub
>> classes for you to send/receive requests and automatically parse the
>> xml responses into objects or arrays.
>>
>> Anyone used any of them, and if so what's your favorite time saver?
>
> I recently used php's built-in SoapClient class.  You need to
> configure with --enable-soap.  It was great.  I couldn't believe how
> easy it was:
>
> $client = new
> SoapClient("http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml/DWMLgen/wsdl/ndfdXML.wsdl");
> var_dump($client->__getFunctions());
> var_dump($client->__getTypes());
>
> SimpleXML can be used to parse XML responses from the Soap service.
>
> You asked for XML/RPC though... so then use Zend
> Framework's Zend_XmlRpc_Client class.

My mistake, all the services are bubbling together in my head and I'm
trying to figure out what's what.

It seems to be a fairly trivial exercise, given an WSDL file to create a
bunch of classes for accessing the interface without coding it yourself.

The only real catch is to get myself to /think/ in those terms.   If I
can figure out the mental landscape, I think it all becomes fairly simple.