[nycphp-talk] Creating Avatar Images

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Fri Oct 12 12:24:37 EDT 2007

Well I was not suggesting to fully use the gravatar site itself
(although you can scale to whatever size you wish for your avatar
using &size=n), I think they recognize anything > 80px to not be an
"avatar" ... your question dealt w/ the security of such images + the
technique w/ the MD5 hash of email address link to an image path was
more the idea.

There actually is an excellent library if you want to roll your
own ... http://phpthumb.sourceforge.net.  It includes this hashing
mechanism already.

- Jon