[nycphp-talk] From Rails back to PHP

Mon Oct 15 14:18:07 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I can agree with one sentiment that the author has - working
> in Rails has made me a better PHP developer, with better application
> design and semantics. And PHP has the flexibility for me to go beyond
> that world, whether that is good or bad is up for debate though
> *laugh*

But that's not exclusive to Rails... I think being versed in multiple
languages causes this inherently.  I came to PHP from a long history
with Java and Struts, so I tend to approach things in an OO-manner
with a heavy focus on Unit Testing and MVC.

Stealing... er.. sharing good ideas and lessons learned only helps.

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC