[nycphp-talk] Compiling PHP

Jake McGraw jmcgraw1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:45:44 EDT 2007

Hello All:

We currently have PHP 5.2.4 installed on our web server. It was
compiled and installed with PHP MySQL library version 4.1.22 and our
MySQL Server version is 5.0.45. Until yesterday this hadn't caused us
any problems, but I believe it is now the source of the following
error:

Unable to bind arguments to query: Using unsupported buffer type: 0
(parameter: 1)

My question is, How should I go about recompiling our PHP install with
a newer MySQL library? Do I need to make any changes to Apache once
this is done? If anyone could point me to a step by step guide I'd be
much obliged.

Thanks,
- jake