[nycphp-talk] Compiling PHP

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Mon Oct 22 10:30:50 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Jake McGraw wrote:

> My question is, How should I go about recompiling our PHP install with
> a newer MySQL library? Do I need to make any changes to Apache once
> this is done? If anyone could point me to a step by step guide I'd be
> much obliged.

Do you have the original files used to build your PHP and Apache?

If you do, it should be a simple matter of just rebuilding PHP and then
rebuilding Apache afterwards.

If you dont have the sources used to build it, then you will need to
figure out the configuration of your exiting PHP install (phpinfo() is
your friend) and use that to figure out the flags to give to thwe
configure script to build it.

Same for Apache.

--
Aj.