[nycphp-talk] Application performance optimization

Tim Lieberman tim_lists at o2group.com
Mon Oct 22 17:21:25 EDT 2007

Sounds like your server is sick.  If downloading a single sub-1k
image is taking seconds upon seconds, something is seriously wrong.
Do you have full control of the server, or is there someone at a
hosting company that can look at this?  I wouldn't start worrying
about apache settings (which are pretty reasonable out of the box)
until you're sure that there's not some runaway process on the box
chewing up all sorts of resources, or (probably more likely) some
local network issue near the server.

-Tim