[nycphp-talk] PHP5 hosting?

Michael Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:07:50 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 10:00 AM, Ajai Khattri wrote:

> Just to clarify my earlier request (thanks for all the suggestions
> BTW,
> some look really really good).
>
> I have a client that I need to move off my server onto a third-party
> server (mainly because Im too busy to deal with it). So Im looking
> for a
> package that allows at least 5 or more domains. (So maybe a reseller
> account would be good?)
>
> How cheap? Well, anything under $30/month that allows several
> domains is
> just fine. (A little over is OK if it has more features - there's some
> wiggle room).
>
> I need PHP5, MySQL (4.x or 5,x). I need to run Joomla, symfony and
> some
> static sites. Access via ssh would be nice but is not a deal-breaker
> (Im
> quite comfortable using a command-line but I can deal with a "control"
> panel if I must ;-). Need mailboxes for these domains too.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Aj.

there's always dreamhost... though as I always say - check out their http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/
  page, where their downtime is listed. If you see the frequency of
issues and can handle it then it might be worth it? I like their
choice of PHP 4 or 5, fast_cgi support, ruby on rails... (yes I said
it! haha)

--Mike H

PS if you decide to go with dreamhost let me know and I'll send you a
referral link...