[nycphp-talk] AJAX and State

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Wed Sep 5 12:04:23 EDT 2007

At 11:33 AM -0400 9/5/07, Dell Sala wrote:
>On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:08 AM, tedd wrote:
>
>>Now, what I am asking is not how ajax communication with the server
>>can be used, but rather is there anything beyond that which ajax
>>can provide?
>>
>>Another way of asking this question is, "Besides not triggering a
>>refresh, what can ajax do that php can not?"
>
>At the root of things, that IS all ajax provides

OK then, my confusion has been cleared.

 From many of the post here, I thought someone had discovered something new.

My only fault with ajax is that many people make it out to be
something more complicated than what it actually is -- when in fact,
it's pretty simple.

Sure it's application can get complicated as to what calls what and
when, but when you distill what it does down to the basics, things
become much simpler. I like simple.

Thanks everyone,

Cheers,

tedd