[nycphp-talk] AJAX and State

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Sep 7 06:16:16 EDT 2007

tedd wrote:

>  From many of the post here, I thought someone had discovered something
> new.

Discovering something truly new is rare. There's almost always someone
who discovered it before you. Sometimes we don't believe them, though,
until we discover it for ourselves.

Interestingly though what Ken rediscovered is not AJAX. It's one of the
design principles of REST: all application state should be stored on the
client and passed to the server with each request. That he discovered
this in the context of AJAX is an implementation detail.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!