[nycphp-talk] Asynchronous downloads -- how?

Jeff Wilhelm - NYPHP nyphp at summit7solutions.com
Wed Sep 5 14:58:31 EDT 2007

The setting is part of the HTTP 1.0 settings set on the client. You can edit
the registry (as a user) and allow more than two simultaneous connections to
a site, but as the site operator you are more limited. The way most sites
(us included) get around this is by having the downloads come from
downloads.sitename.com whereas the content is server from www.sitename.com.
This way the downloads are coming from a different server, and normal
navigation can continue.