[nycphp-talk] neeed help

Tim Lieberman tim_lists at o2group.com
Thu Sep 6 06:55:37 EDT 2007

birgunj birgunj wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> i need help in the following thing.
>
> 1. i am uploading ebooks on my website. i want to restrict user from
> downloading or printing the book.user should only read the document
> but cant not save or download or printing.
> how do we do  this ?
Impossible, really.  DRM just gets broken.

If making it difficult is "good enough" -- you could look for a eBook
system vendor that supports this in their viewer plug-in.  Acrobat might
even have some features like this, but I really don't know.

You must be aware that no matter what system you use, someone will
probably break it, and there will be a hack available for anyone who's
motivated to find and use.  So these systems are only useful if "make it
somewhat harder to save/print" is good enough.

> 2.if any book have four author.one author text box ,i display but i
> want to display more if neccessary by clicking add author more.
>
> or
> how to add more choices by press CLTRL.
The best way is probably to use javascript to output new input tags that
look like:
<input name="authors[]" .../>

and limit the number displayed to four.

Then on the server, loop over $_REQUEST['authors'] and do something with
the data. Don't forget to repeat your limit of four on the server -- the
javascript limit is just for nice user experience... you must validate
the data on the server.

> please help me its very urgent. i am very tense about this.
>
> thanks to all in advance

Good luck!