[nycphp-talk] neeed help

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Thu Sep 6 06:46:17 EDT 2007

birgunj birgunj wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> i need help in the following thing.
>
> 1. i am uploading ebooks on my website. i want to restrict user from
> downloading or printing the book.user should only read the document
> but cant not save or download or printing.
> how do we do  this ?

This is called "DRM", for "Digital Rights Management" or "Digital
Restrictions Management", depending on your point of view.

The broad consensus is that it is not possible to do.  The big record
labels have begun to abandon their efforts in this direction when it
comes to music, it just doesn't work.

However, if you must try, why not research the basic methods of DRM.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.