[nycphp-talk] Mouse Over Menu

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Fri Sep 7 23:00:13 EDT 2007

At 10:11 PM -0400 9/7/07, Urb LeJeune wrote:
>I'm looking to do a mouse over menu. You run the mouse over a main item
>and a submenu appears, if available. I would prefer a css implementation
>although a Java Script application would be acceptable.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with such an animal or willing to make
>a suggestions.
>
>Thanks
>
>Urb
>
>Dr. Urban A. LeJeune, President
>E-Government.com
>800-204-9545

Try these -- they are widely used and work great:

http://sperling.com/examples/menuh/

http://sperling.com/examples/menuv/

However, they do use a js routine to make it work for IE browsers
else IE won't work.

You might review cssplay -- I've seen that they have a pure css menu
there, but it uses a table -- if that matters to you -- and -- it's a
bit more complicated and verbose. BUT, it works without js.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------