[nycphp-talk] Emailing files from server

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Sat Sep 8 09:19:05 EDT 2007

Dan Cech wrote:
> I haven't heard of that one, but I've used PHPMailer [1] with great
> success, and I hear SwiftMailer is excellent too (and actively
> maintained unlike PHPMailer and HTMLMimeMail).

I'm not too concerned about active maintenance, since the functions are
pretty simple.  As I recall, I have only ever had to upgrade
HTMLMimeMail once when I replaced sendmail with postfix on a server and
discovered the old version of HTMLMimeMail had a bug in it(it was not
formatting the headers with the correct carriage return codes.  The old
sendmail processed it anyway, the new postfix dropped the mail as not
being formatted properly.  Of course, I only discovered this when the
client went to send out 800 emails a month later for a mailshot using a
tool someone else wrote that I was unaware of.  That was a fun  couple
hours of figuring out how the thing worked to track down the problem.)