[nycphp-talk] Emailing files from server

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Sat Sep 8 09:28:54 EDT 2007

Dan Cech wrote:
> Not only do they build the email and take care of such niceties as
> encoding, etc, you also get drop-in SMTP and a host of other goodies.

Hmm, looking over the swift feature set(yeah, I replied before loading
it..sorry not awake yet) swift looks fairly nice  - I'm in the middle of
rewriting a number of email functions I'll give swift a try and see how
it works.  HTMLMimeMailer will also use an SMTP host, and as I recall
will handle pop3 logon before send functionality either easily or with a
small hack(so you can keep all your programs on 1 host, but spread the
email sending to seperate hosts by functionality - email list,
transaction oriented, and normal correspondence - so idiots who sign up
to your mailling list and then want off but won't click the unsub link
won't lock out your transactional emails from AOL when they report you
as spam).