[nycphp-talk] ORM anyone?

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Wed Sep 12 13:07:47 EDT 2007

(This might have already been mentioned, sorry lost some emails) ...

I think no matter what ORM framework you pick you always have to look
@ its lazy + eager loading options (this is even before the
optimization).  You can run into big problems if you don't consider
the timing of data in your app, most ORM fanatics think its great
that you get all that functionality and some praise caching as a
solution but never realize they are working with stale child objects
in the end and have to code workarounds themselves.

For the most part the agile benefit of using it in dev environment
outweighs this issue but definitely something to review in a project.

- Jon