[nycphp-talk] OT: webmaster test

André Pitanga andre at pitanga.org
Mon Apr 14 11:26:41 EDT 2008

Hey John,

> I agree with the general consensus that these are really soft ball questions.

I too agree!  But that's okay though. I was hoping that good candidates
would get ~100% right, you know?

> Instead of #10, I ask:
> Name two tags that were deprecated in html 4.  Why were they deprecated?

Great. It focuses the question into a real-world  example. I'll consider
it for the next draft. Thank you.
> Other questions I like:
> 1. What is the difference between, jpeg, gif, and png?  When is each
> one appropriate?
> (it is astonishing how many experienced developers can't get this right.)

Good question. I wonder how I could make it multiple choice?
> 2. Name four IE6 rendering bugs.

ouch... I myself wouldn't know this by heart.

> 3. When are tables appropriate for layout?

trick question?
Thanks, John :)