[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Wed Apr 16 09:41:24 EDT 2008

This is quite a strong summation.

Yet, fortunately, there is some types of accreditation for some
programming and related categories. There is Microsoft MSCE, Cisco
Certified, general network certifications, Oracle cert, Red Hat cert,
security cert, Zend PHP cert, even a Flash cert.

So, maybe if firms and sites (PHP.net and all such related sites)
started advocating cert programs as one of, if not the first serious
step, toward an evolving measurable genuine industry competency and
competitiveness that would help programmers more effectively work
towards and achieve known knowledge levels that might have nationally
known pay scales.

Then a programmer could plan a career and salary objectives a little
more logically. And businesses could budget and allocate programmer
workforce more exactly.

Somewhere, something is all good and better than the existing free for
all.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.