PHP IDEs [was: Re: [nycphp-talk] OT: webmaster test]

Wed Apr 16 13:06:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:58 AM, David Krings <ramons at gmx.net> wrote:
>  Coming back to the previous topic, everyone has their preference for
> editors/IDEs and often it is just that, a preference, not a quality
> judgement. That is why I even prefer a nicely designed GUI on a server over
> the command line. Not that there is anything bad with using a command line,
> but for example installing a dozen packages via CLI vs. Synaptics makes me
> appreciate the GUI quite a bit. Just a preference, but one shared with many
> others.

Just for a shameless plug... this year at the DCPHP Conference in June
- http://dcphpconference.com/ - I'm moderating a PHP IDE shootout.  We
have a pretty good selection of tools represented:

Cal Evans from Zend (Zend IDE);
Wez Furlong from OmniTI (VI/Vim);
Jeff Griffiths from ActiveState (Komodo);
David Sklar from Ning (Emacs);
Eli White from Digg (Textmate);

I've already heard from a few of them talking trash and sharpening
their skills, so it should be a good one.  ;)

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC