PHP IDEs [was: Re: [nycphp-talk] OT: webmaster test]

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 13:35:29 EDT 2008

Keith Casey wrote:
  > Just for a shameless plug... this year at the DCPHP Conference in June
> - http://dcphpconference.com/ - I'm moderating a PHP IDE shootout.  We
> have a pretty good selection of tools represented:
>
> Cal Evans from Zend (Zend IDE);
> Wez Furlong from OmniTI (VI/Vim);
> Jeff Griffiths from ActiveState (Komodo);
> David Sklar from Ning (Emacs);
> Eli White from Digg (Textmate);
>
> I've already heard from a few of them talking trash and sharpening
> their skills, so it should be a good one.  ;)

Nobody from NuSphere? They hired the guy who created dbg, which is _the_ PHP
debugger. The other's that I mentioned before are probably not interested.
Luckasoft makes the PHP Editor as a side product, they generally make software
for product packaging. And Waterproof is from France and they seem to be a
small shop.
And why ZEND? I tried ZEND and I think it rapidly inhales. I guess that is
good for the other guys. Komodo is nice, but again, they also somehow can't
get the debugger to work like NuSphere does.
Want me to come and diss all of them?

David