[nycphp-talk] Why IT Sucks

Wed Apr 16 20:55:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Kristina Anderson
<ka at kacomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
>  rates.  There is a reason I get 90% of the projects I bid on.  If I
>  asked for $100 an hour, that would be great, but $100 an hour for 0
>  hours is, well....zero dollars.

I used to get 85%+ of the projects I was pitching... and working 60+
hour weeks for those projects.  Then I talked with a few others and
found out that I was charging less then half than I should have been.
I steadily increased my rates over time and still get about 50-60% of
the projects that I pitch.  But the dollars work out even better than
before.

If you go too high, yes, you will win 0% of the projects... but this
is an optimization problem from Econ 101:

Qty Sold * Price = Revenue

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.