[nycphp-talk] Re: Why IT Sucks

Biermann, Gary (02940) gary.biermann at rht.com
Thu Apr 17 09:58:02 EDT 2008

Speaking from the side of the "Evil Ones", and having been one here in
Manhattan for a few years now, I would have to agree with Jake and
Jason.  In the last 1.5 years even surprisingly average developers are
getting multiple offers with in a week of being on the market and most
of them are using multiple recruiters.  At the agency I work for we have
not had no less then 3 PHP development positions that we were trying to
fill at any one time for the last year.  If you asked me 4 years ago I
wouldn't have known what PHP was.  If are are looking for higher paying
work, my advise would be to do some research on which skills are in most
demand.  Us "Evil Ones" tend to have that info readily available.

Gary Biermann
Account Executive
Robert Half Technology