[nycphp-talk] Why IT Sucks

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:32:43 EDT 2008

Jerry,

I agree there are times it would probably be better to be in the
office, however I am not a lone coder.  I work with a team of 10 other
developers.  Generally there are 2-3 developers working together on a
project.  Working from home I still manage to collaborate with them
just fine.  We use a ticketing system so I know what needs to be done
when.  If i have questions there is the phone, IM, video etc.

It has been working fine for us so far with me working from home.

I do have to say that not all people can work from home.  It does take
a lot of discipline to work from home.  There are times I just do not
want to work and have to force myself to do so.  It is easier to say
hey i am not working today when you don't have to worry about the boss
face to face etc.

Joseph Crawford