[nycphp-talk] About Formalizing an Enterprise PHP and the PHP+Developer

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Tue Apr 22 11:58:02 EDT 2008

I believe that all of the informal industry-standard acknowledgements
and accolades that you call for in your note have already been
informally applied to all the entities that you mention and that this
informal approved/sanctioned condition has existed for years for PEAR,
sourceforege.net, et al. This has not successfully gelled into a
reliable, knowable, useable set of standards that makes it possible for
programmers and managers to have a quantifiable standard to work up to
and within. I am still in the camp that PHP programmers like realtors,
financial planners should have an association approved path and tool set
that ultimately will have more knowable and strongly negotiable pay
scale. Peter