[nycphp-talk] using PHP mail function on Windows server?

Tim Lieberman tim_lists at o2group.com
Wed Apr 23 22:27:45 EDT 2008

mail() used to work fine on windows (under IIS, anyway) last time I had
to deal with it (years ago).

My suggestion:
    - Get an SMTP server hostname at your hosting provider
    - Use a better mail-sending system, like swiftmailer:
http://www.swiftmailer.org/ (I think you can still get a reasonably
up-to-date version that will work w. php4)
    - Send mail by having PHP talk directly to a dedicated SMTP box.

This is almost always the right answer.

-Tim