[nycphp-talk] using PHP mail function on Windows server?

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 15:02:13 EDT 2008

Hi Kristina

I was wrestling with this problem a few months ago, I remember having to do
some fiddling with the PHP.INI. Anyway the coding below works for WINDOWS
and PHP 5

<?php session_start; ob_start;
    ini_set("SMTP", "smtp.isp.com");
    ini_set("smtp_port", "25");
    ini_set("sendmail_from", admin at isp.com);

   $to  = "johndoe at hotmail.com";
   $subject  = "Enter your subject here";

   $message = "YES IT WORKED @ LONG LAST
                        I can put anything I like here";

   $from  = "FROM: admin at isp.com ";
   mail("$to", "$subject", "$message", "$from");

   echo "The email has been sent";
?>

Paul