[nycphp-talk] Embrace Dynamic PHP

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Apr 25 08:49:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:34:50PM -0400, Austin Smith wrote:

> Further, I've long wanted to write a very simple set of flexible helper
> functions for PHP newbies so they don't blow their brains out with things
> like mysql_query("insert into blog_entries values(0, "{$_POST['title']}",
> "{$_POST['body']}");

Fortunately, you haven't done so yet and thereby introduce the world to
another SQL Injection attack and path disclosure vulnerability. :)  You
have to escape input into the query and ensure $_POST variables actually
exist before using them to avoid PHP notices.

Of course, you can say you were just posting short hand.  But you were
being pretty specific in your example.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/