[nycphp-talk] using PHP mail function on Windows server - update

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Wed Apr 30 08:06:24 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

To be honest I'm not even sure what version it was.  There was a
php.ini file for the entire PHP installation, and then we needed a
second php.ini file for our particular domain app, which they had first
told us to place in the root and then changed their mind and said place
in the cgi-bin folder.  I have a feeling that some or all of the below
issues could have been due to a poor understanding on the part of sys
admins as to the proper configuration of the environment.

The sys admin stuff is definitely not my strength...I was pretty
proficient in IIS back in the day but this stuff is totally outside my
experience.  So I just felt, let's switch back to something that I know
works.

-- Kristina