[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Aug 13 16:41:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Mark Armendariz wrote:

> I've just installed them all (not drupal) this morning and they all
> have problems with strict.  A few minutes with google confirms this
> fact (including the link I provided to cake where the devs explicitly
> state that they don't plan on updating for strict mode).  It's not
> that people don't have this problem, it's that they turn off E_STRICT
> and go about their way.

Or rather, the install on many Linux distros (to pick an example) are not
E_STRICT by default. So most of these packages work just fine out of the
box.

> Any others out there?

Many years ago, I played with Xaraya. Ive used Joomla to built various
sites, but these days Id much rather use a framework and roll-my-own. The
amount of contortions^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^hwork required to customize and
write custom components for some of these packages is almost as much as
writing your own from scratch using a decent framework so I dont bother
anymore.

Some frameworks have admin generators which you can use to build most of
the backend pretty quickly (e.g. symfony).

--
Aj.