[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Wed Aug 13 18:07:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Rob Marscher
<rmarscher at beaffinitive.com> wrote:
> Here's one that was built off of Zend Framework, so I'd guess that the odds
> of it running E_STRICT are pretty good:
> http://code.google.com/p/digitalus-site-manager/
>
> TYPO3 is another popular big cms written in php... I would guess it has the
> same issues as Drupal/Joomla in running E_STRICT.  I think for any project
> that existed in php4, it's questionable whether it's worth the effort to get
> it to run in strict mode in php5.

Great Suggestions!!  Will have to give both a shot, thanks!

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
> The amount of contortions^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^hwork required to customize and
> write custom components for some of these packages is almost as much as
> writing your own from scratch using a decent framework so I dont bother
> anymore.

Indeed, and well put.  I tend to be strongly biased towards rolling my
own - for contortions I'm comfortable with, which is why this CMS
search has been enlightening and a bit painful.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Mark